Good evening everyone! I’m very excited and honored about today’s post. Jenn at Jennv.me nominated me for the Blogger Recognition Award. If you click the link, it will take you to her post about this award. And hopefully, you will check out other blog posts that she has written.
Info About the Blogger Recognition Award
Made by bloggers for bloggers. The Blogger Recognition Award is a way to let fellow bloggers know that you recognize and appreciate the hard work that they do.
If you accept the nomination, there are a few rules to follow:
- Write a blog post to showcase your award
- Thank the blogger that nominated you and include a link to their blog
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Share two general pieces of advice for others
- Nominate 15 other bloggers
- Let your 15 bloggers know that you have nominated them
Why PAE Reviews Was Created
The short answer is, I didn’t like my life. You’re probably confused by this so I’ll give you the somewhat condensed version instead. December of 2015, I had ACL Reconstruction and Meniscus Repair. Then I started physical therapy to gain the muscle strength I lost. June of 2016, I had a Knee Synovectomy and another Meniscus Repair with another round of physical therapy. In April, I had Carpal Tunnel, Cubital Tunnel, and Pronator Syndrome surgery on my right hand and forearm.
I’ve discussed some of this before in #LifeInView| Where Would We Be Without Support? if you want to check that out. During this rinse and repeat with surgery and physical therapy, I was getting diagnosed with other health conditions. I’ve mentioned in #WhatTheHealth| The Illusion Of Social Media that my outlook on life was wrong. Prior to a few months ago, my health was an obstacle to overcome. I wasn’t viewing it as a part of me. Even though I was still going through the motions, my mind was still very much in the past on how I used to be when I was “healthy”.
One day, I took a good look at myself and I didn’t like what I saw. I knew that I needed to make changes in my life in order to be healthy and happy. I made PAE Reviews to document that process and promote things that I think help with that.
Advice To New Bloggers
- Don’t be afraid to put yourself out there. It sounds a bit generic but it’s true. Don’t wait for people or opportunities to come your way. Always take the first step.
- Quality vs Quantity. Numbers are a big thing for everyone: followers, subscribers, etc. It can be very easy to get wrapped up in and stress yourself out. If you create great content, the numbers will follow. Also, if you support others then they will support you.